Tuesday, August 2

SCORE!!!

Early last week, we received the kids achievement test results for the 2010-2011 school year.

My children are smartypants!

Sam scored advanced in reading and accelerated in math and science.

Maggie scored advanced in reading (a darn near perfect score) and math as well.

The big story is Liam though. Last year, he did not meet the state standards for the 3rd grade. In the 2009-2010 school year, Liam carried decent grades…but he had to REALLY struggle to get them. We all did, many, many nights of tears and study and frustration to accomplish passing grades. When I received the phone call from the school principal suggesting we hold him back to repeat the third grade I was actually relieved…worried about the social ramifications, but relieved nonetheless. When I received his test results last summer they reflected that struggle. He did not meet the state mandated standards for the 3rd grade.

Liam sailed through the 2010-2011 school year with ease…he was happy, well adjusted, carefree in regards to school for the first time in his life. So I ask you to just imagine my delight when I open his test results to find that he scored ADVANCED in reading and accelerated in math!!! Not proficient…he didn’t just meet the standards…he beat the heck out of them!!

I cannot thank the teachers and staff of Highland Elementary School enough! For the first time, I am looking forward with no reservations to a school year…confident in my children’s chances of success!

That, my friends, is a very nice feeling!

I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Kudos to not only great teachers, but great parenting Cheryl! I always stress that kids will have better success when both are working together for the benefit of the kids.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Liam, Maggie, and Sam how proud we are of them! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell them we need to go shopping to celebrate over Labor Day weekend! SOOOOO Proud!! Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete