Monday, December 19

Lord Help Me…

What on God’s Green Earth have I gotten myself into now?? Yesterday, I agreed to head up the 4th-6th grade youth group at church. Which is a new group…traditionally youth group is for teenagers. At our church we have a LARGE crop of 10-12 year olds that are extremely interested in participating. In an effort to NOT turn away kids who want to go to church for a couple hours on Sunday night we are expanding. Accommodating. Experiencing growing pains even. It’s going to be a challenge. To say the least. Of course, more than half these kids used to attend childrens church with me every Sunday morning, years ago…which actually is how I know that burn out can happen quickly.

Last night was the Christmas party and the first time I attended a youth group. It made me proud. Sam is turning into a fine young man. Crazy, but true. He had one shining moment…when he yelled at them all to “SHUT UP” but other than that really, he was a leader. Impressive. And to be fair, he told them to listen several times before he turned ugly. He and Austin, at 14, are the 2 oldest…and they will be good influences for the younger set.

I look forward to watching it unfold and would appreciate any and all prayers for patience…

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment