Friday, April 30

All Dolled Up

Last weekend we packed up the family vehicle and joined Jon in Charlotte to attend a wedding. Because I am from Ohio, my original thoughts on the date of April 24th for a wedding were something like this…

April 24th? Wow? Really? Short sleeves? Long sleeves? Heels? Or Boots!!??

WHAT IF IT SNOWS!?!?!?

But…none of that applies…because it was in North Carolina. The weather was great. A solid 80 degrees…a few showers in the evening. Nothing monumental enough to put a hitch in the festivities though.

The wedding was beautiful. For the first time since my wedding I actually teared up a few times. Brad fought hard for Lisa. He’s loved her for as long as he’s known her. Through all their young adult struggles he never gave up on loving her, so when they danced their first dance, I cried. Tears of joy for Brad.

IMG_1093

The wedding gave me the perfect opportunity to get pictures of my brats, all dolled up.

In our defense, Mom did actually try to do something with Maggie’s hair. Unfortunately, it didn’t hold up.

IMG_1112

And, I promise she was NOT drunk. She just LOOKS like she is.

Liam was cute as a button.

IMG_1101

And, I promise he was not drunk either. That’s Coca Cola in that thar wine glass.

Sam cleaned up pretty alright too…due MOSTLY to the haircut he got that morning!

IMG_1116

And, yes, I promise…those beers belong to Steve and Carolina. The purse belongs to Steve.

Well, ok, not really. But doesn’t it go perfect with his eyes?

Jon and I didn’t do too bad ourselves.

IMG_1109

And I do believe that the last picture I got of me, Mom and Steve together may have been when I got married over 10 years ago.

IMG_1115

Try as I might, I cannot recall if Steve had hair then or not?

And, of course, Mom and James.

IMG_1107

And yes, they were getting drunk. Well, maybe not drunk, but we’ll go with happy!

Yea, happy, that’s it!

Fun was had by all, except possibly for Liam. Who spent the entire evening drinking Coke after Coke and asking every 5 minutes when we were leaving.

He had bigger fish to fry. A hot tub to get in.

I wish and pray all the best for Brad and Lisa, for MANY, MANY years to come.

I love you all!

1 comment: