Sunday, July 8

Summer is...


The Ohio State Fair to me. Always has been, always will be. The Ohio State Fair has no competition in the summer and can only be rivaled on my excit-o-meter by Christmas the rest of the year. 


So, naturally, everything reminds me of the fair lately. We are in countdown mode, opening day T minus 16 days. Especially in my neck of the woods. I see corn fields, I think Fair. I see cows, I think Fair. Today, I was browsing their website and discovered that Maggie, Liam, Jon and I get in for free if we show their report cards as proof they are exiting 4th grade students. Of course, this leads me to think, Hey, maybe we can afford to go twice then!! Opening day is $3 admissions. So, I figure we go then and do the freebee over the following weekend and it still costs less than if we paid full price for us all to go once! 



The sheep agree, that's not a baaaa-aaad deal! 

In the meantime, we have 3 kids baseball tournaments to get through. Not to mention, Liam is getting SERIOUSLY excited about his San Antonio trip with Grandma Debby and PaPa James. He spent  the better part of a conversation in the car yesterday mulling over what style of "real cowboy hat" he plans on getting in big bad Texas. 
I will do my level best in this busy season of our year to keep you all posted. For now, I can tell you that Sam will begin tournaments Monday or Tuesday and Maggie begins on Wednesday. Liam does not start tournaments until after his trip. 
I love you all! 

1 comment: