Sunday, March 14

Lawd Help Me!

I did the unthinkable today. Unthinkable for me. I took in a stray dog. We’d been discussing getting a German Shepherd  for awhile. This afternoon, a shepherd mix showed up. Showed up and won our hearts. Pronto.

IMG_0931

These two? Love at first sight. Honest to goodness, I fell for him pretty quick myself. We are going to put up flyers to see if he belongs somewhere. But, we are all hoping he doesn’t. Yes, even me.

IMG_0932 We’re very fond of him already. He has Jeb-Ears…

IMG_0937I just love his ears…they’re like velvet. We gave him a bath, and fed him and then we put him out. By himself. Thinking that he would leave if he was inclined to go back where he came from. He went to the front door and scratched, then the side door and scratched. Then he went to the screen door and used a small hole in the screen and his nose to slowly, laboriously open the door. At that point, I relented and let him back in. Cause I’m a sucker, that’s why. And he has jeb-ears…

I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. He's beautiful!! Hope he doesn't belong to anyone...except you, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big question, where is he going when you come down here to visit? Love you, not the big dog.

    ReplyDelete