Sunday, March 27

Hoss Make Tracks ~Big Sam

I’ve done a really lousy job keeping you all up on what’s going on in our lives lately. Mostly, because it’s such a drudgery…day in, day out…work, school, house…sleep, clean, eat…nothing exciting. But all that is about to change. Liam’s baseball coach called me this afternoon to schedule his first practice…which isn’t until April 18th! Seems like forever away still. However, Sam is already busy. He decided to take part in Field and Track this year. On the one hand, I can’t think of anything less exciting to watch, unless perhaps one of my children takes up golf. On the other hand, many of you HAVE seen Sam run. There is a glimmer of a promise of entertainment there. At risk of his embarrassment. I mean lets be honest, he isn’t exactly graceful like a gazelle. He’s kinda gangly and awkward and God love him, he looks a tiny bit funny when he runs. Like he’s uncomfortable or something. Oddly though, he seems to be doing well in practice. He is participating in several activities…the 200 meter dash, the hurdles, the long jump and a relay, because he had one of the fastest run times in the 8th grade. So, we shall see, eh? His first meet is tomorrow in Marion. Don’t you worry, I’ll take my camera. It’s going to be bitchin’ cold, but sunny, so I should be able to use my telephoto lens. :0)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah can not wait to be able to take part in track & field!! She's talked about it for the last 2-3 years now!! She's definitely a sprinter...not an endurance runner!! Can't wait to see some pics!! And hey..it's good to hear from you again!! I've missed your updates!! And pleae tell Sam good luck for me!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's those big feet, you would look funny too if you were trying to lift size 12's! He will be fine, he has really long legs and is coordinated, even if you don't think so. Can't wait to see the pix!

    ReplyDelete