Wednesday, April 11

Waz Up!!!???!!!???

Wow! I just checked my blog and could NOT BELIEVE how long it's been since I posted. I think with the advent of Google+ I just let it go. So, here's "waz up" ...

We had a great visit to North Carolina for Easter weekend. It was wonderful to see family and especially sweet baby Alex. Sweet baby, Alex, who is loving and generous...generous with his cold. He gave it to his mama. He gave it to his Poppy. And he gave it to me. It was worth every little sniffle to see him though. He's positively yummy! 

While on vacation, I ate like I was on vacation. Whew, I enjoyed not thinking and analyzing my every bite,  BUT....I was really happy to get back to my fruits and veggies too. The "not dieting" did a real number on my salt intake. My ankles were swollen on the way home. One day of eating right and I managed to pee all that out. Things are back to normal, but out of pure self-defense I have NO INTENTION of weighing myself this week. ;)

Today, I'm taking a friend to some Dr's appointments in Columbus. The friend is Angie, or some of you may recall her as "The Cooley Daily News". She is the one who had a stroke last August and was responsible mostly for my new healthy eating habits, Easter weekend notwithstanding, of course. 

Liam has baseball practice tonight, Maggie's first practice is scheduled for next Tuesday. And it's cold...now. Now it's cold. It's been warm all winter...now, when we have to sit outside a couple times a week in the evening...now it's cold. Sigh. So cold in fact, that we had flurries yesterday...enough for Sam's track meet to be cancelled. Which was a blessing, because I was freezing, developing a cold and scheduled to work the concession stand. 

I will try real hard to do a better job keeping y'all posted. 
I love you all!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are updating again, I missed the posts. I don't doubt that Alex will go on sharing, he is so cute that it just won't matter. We loved having you all for Easter, has Liam eaten all of his candy? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, he has not!! I think he's eaten everything he really likes. The rest will take him awhile to work through!

    ReplyDelete