Saturday, September 6

1st Football Game!!

Well, Thursday night was Liam's first football game. It just looked like a bunch of pushing and shoving to me. The best football looks like chaos to me. I love watching Ohio State Football, but during the best planned plays I have trouble following the ball. SO, trust me, it's no small feet trying to figure out what in the heck is going on out there when the participants are between the ages of 7 - 9!!! I'm pretty sure they didn't understand the plays either. I overheard one of the boys tell his mom that we were losing 407 to 0. I believe that was a slight exaggeration... unfortunately I do mean slight. They got beat pretty badly. In defense of our boys, the team they played was 9 year olds. Our boys are all 7-8. Most of them have NEVER played before. There are only 2 other teams in our league who have "intra"teams. Most teams start them at 9-10. So, Liam only has 4 games, 2 teams home and away. Which is fine with me. He's learning...

Then there's Maggie...

Cheering her little tail off...."Our boys go...BOOM...DYNAMITE!!!!!"
She had a lot of fun, when she wasn't rubbing her eyes. Unfortunately, she has inherited her mothers allergies. I feel awful for her. She walks around with puffy red eyes and a head full of snot all the time lately. Not even the Claritin seems to help very much.
Well, I guess I need to get off this computer and do something constructive before the Ohio State vs. Ohio University game comes on. I love you all and miss you!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think they are adorable! future All American and Heisman candidate. I have to take part of the blame for the Allergies, sorry Maggie!
    Love you all,
    Grandma D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    I just want to say THANKS for setting this up and sharing it with us. It is a wonderful way for us to stay in "touch" with these wonderful kids and you guys! We always miss them and this is a great way to see them.

    Liam...real good foot technique with a wide stance, just need to stay lower (don't stand up) in your blocking!! I'd rather see you running the ball for a touchdown, hopefully that will come soon!!

    Maggie..you are as cute as a button! I'd recommend a doctors face mask to help with your allergies, but then nobody would hear you cheering!!

    Sam..I guess since you aren't participating in a specific organization yet, you should just get your trumpet out and play music for everyone at the games..lol!!

    Thanks again.
    Love,
    James

    ReplyDelete