Wednesday, September 24

IS beauty only skin deep?

Let me answer my own question with an emphatic NO!! I know many of you are eager to hear about our visit with Dad (which was FABULOUS btw)...but something came up today so I'll upload and update you on that tomorrow. Today, my best friend, my sister of the heart called me crying because a biopsy was performed on her nose and she had a big band-aid on it. I know it sounds silly, doesn't it, but seriously, have YOU ever walked around with a band-aid on YOUR nose?? I believe she was a little embarassed, but more pressing was her concern that her kids would be embarassed. Yea, that's a perfect representation of who she is. One of the single most beautiful people I've ever known. Band-aid or not. I would really like to take this opportunity to share my best friend with all of you who love me. Many of you already know her...to know Katie is to love her. Ask anyone who does. She is selfless. Her kids and her husband always come first. She always comes last. She would do anything in her power for those she loves and even a whole lot for those she doesn't! Katie has served on the PTO, the church softball team, the Sparta Baseball and Softball Assoc. and more. Her time is everyone's but her own. She would give away the clothes off her back and the last food in her fridge if she believed you needed it.

Katie is also a GREAT mom. She's loving and fun and open with her kids in ways that will benefit all of them their whole lives. Her kids are really awesome kids. She has Austin, who is possibly the kindest 11 year old boy I have ever known. Allie, her daughter, is a an 8 year old force to be reckoned with; strong and fun-loving. Then just 2 years ago, she got her surprise child. Cash is every thing you would ever want a boy to be. Wild and dirty and buckets of fun. Daily, Katie gives them everything she's got. She's a wonderful wife too, I'm sure Johnny would attest to that. Oh, and have I mentioned that she loves Jesus above all else???
A month ago she was baptised and her newfound love for the Lord is contagious and inspiring to me.
I know she is going to be fine, because God knows I could NOT handle it if anything ever happened to her. Besides, it was a little spot and she caught it early. I know she'll read this and I just want to make sure she very clearly understands how terribly important she is to all of us who love her. And that it's just a band-aid....and I don't know anyone who's more beautiful than her, because after all...
Beauty is NOT just skin deep. I LOVE YOU KATIE!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH CHERYL, CHERYL, CHERYL...Thank You from the bottom of my heart! I am sooo blessed to have you and your family in my life! THANK YOU! I love you, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful; and so very, very true!! (((HUGS))) Love ya all!! :o)

    ReplyDelete