Friday, August 27

Gorgeous, I Tell You!

That is what the weather has been like here the last two days. Absolutely beautiful! I can feel fall coming. I had no intention, originally, of getting my fall decorations out. Seeing as how I've been packing things away, unpacking seems kind of counter productive. Today, I've made a monumental decision though. Today, when I get home from work, I'm getting them out! I am TIRED of waiting. Tired of living on hold. Tired of holding my breath. Today, I am going to go ahead with my life. I'm getting out the fall stuff, because darnit, I enjoy it!! If Jon gets the job and we have to sell the house, it will just have to sell decorated for my favorite season.
NOTE: I said my favorite season. Not to be confused with my favorite holiday. I will be fighting the urge to get Christmas decorations out soon enough!
Mags and Liam and I harvested the apples off our Gala apple tree this week and have made 2 batches of apple butter already. We have enough apples for one more batch, Liam however spoke up this morning and interjected that they would be better suited, he's sure, to a pie. So, possibly, I will be trying my hand at apple pie this weekend.
Despite all the anticipation and stress, I have been feeling incredibly blessed this week. Blessed with the bounty of apples we got this year. Blessed with family. Immediate and extended. Blessed with friends. I am a lucky girl! 
Two special thank you's this week...Dad, thanks so much for offering to buy some school stuff for the kids. You and I both know that the portion you took care of for me was a COSTLY one and it really took a load off my mind. The kids are very excited about there new shoes coming. And Julie...only you would stay up until 2:30am because I was craving Zuppa Toscano. Thank you so much. It was delish-ioso!!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment