Friday, August 6

The Ohio State Fair!!

Last weekend, we had our best trip ever to the Ohio State Fair. Those of you who know me, know that I have a slight fixation on the fair. It ranks in the year second only to Christmas. Or perhaps Christmas ranks second and the fair is first? Either way my entire year revolves around the Ohio State Fair and Christmas. We had a charitable donation to our trip this year which was GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! You know who you are!

So, Saturday, we got there the minute the gates opened and we browsed, and ate.We peeked and poked, and ate. And oh yes! We ate. Did I mention that we ate? We ROLLED out the gates approximately 7 hours later (and 20 pounds). The good news is that we had close to 18,000 steps.

We saw it all though!

IMG_1536

Big Sheep.

IMG_1567

Little sheep.

IMG_1539

Even sheep with four horns!

IMG_1559

We saw fancied up cows.

IMG_1563 

The butter cow! Which I somehow missed getting a picture of…but I did capture this as a remembrance of the dairy barn!

IMG_1557

Big cows.

IMG_1570

Little cows…Liam never did fess up to what was in that pocket. Something sweet would be my guess.

IMG_1579

Big pigs.

IMG_1585

And soooo-wee-t little pigs.

IMG_1590

And of course, the chickens!

We did not see any horses. Which was very disappointing for Mags. But all in all it was a perfect day.

Sadly I did not get pictures of all the food. Actually, I’m thinking that is a good thing. I don’t want to see everything I ate in a span of 7 hours in one place. It may cause me to blush and groan and hide my face.

Some of the highlights included: swiss cheese on rye (from the dairy barn of course), fried swiss on a stick (when it comes to getting enough dairy in my diet I’m a real health nut, what can I say?), steak on a stick, donuts, kettle corn, candy…

Well, you get the idea, so we’ll just stop there. Not that I stopped there, oh no! I ate more than that…but, I still don’t want to see it all in one place. Not even in words!

More to come soon!

I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time was had by all!!! Can't wait for your next update!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - maybe next year we can go to the NC State Fair! Hmmmmmm? -T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking you had abandoned the Blog! Glad to see you enjoyed the annual August visit to worship the farmers of Ohio! Did you see the cardinal?

    ReplyDelete