Wednesday, September 15

Funny Four Eyes

We recently went and had all the kids eyes checked before school started. Well, let me re-phrase that…Jon went and had their eyes checked. Sam, of course, needed new contacts. I would show you a picture, but frankly, they look exactly like last years contacts. Liam got new glasses. They look very similar to his old ones…hopefully, they will prove to be more durable though. His old ones broke constantly. I’m not entirely convinced the problem was the glasses. I mean, this IS Liam we’re talking about. I have a feeling he will just be hard on glasses. Period.

Then there’s our girl Mags. Mags, who has BEGGED for glasses for two years…Mags who has not NEEDED glasses for two years…Mags  who has pouted and cried and railed at the unfairness of it all when she was told year after year that she had 20/20 vision. This year, the eye dr. told her that she still has 20/20 vision, however, it is deteriorating and she could benefit this year from a pair of glasses. They may help her with the crispness and clarity of what she is seeing.

So, Jon called me at work and being the serious control freak that I am I said “Do NOT let her pick them out herself…I will be there in a few minutes.” Then I called him back and said “Hold up, wait a minute, put a little wiggle in it.”

Well, not really, actually I said, “Hold up, wait a minute…we are NOT getting her glasses if she has 20/20 vision. To heck with “clarity”.”

Now, naturally, since I am the authority in our house… the one all decisions of any merit rest with, Mags does not have glasses.

IMG_1631

Did you believe that for even a second??

Jon was the one there with her. With her, as she cried and railed against the unfairness of it all. After insurance paid their part, the one who had to sit there and listen to her whining decided it was well worth our $17 to shut her up! So, there she is….with 20/20 vision that is now “crisp”.

Pretty cute, huh??

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Mags looks beautiful in her new glasses, and so intellectual!!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete