Sunday, September 19

Tomorrow is Another Day

Today, I have been bad.

Bad. Bad. Bad

All under the pretext of being a good wife and mother, mind you.

Actually, it’s been going on for awhile…ever since I went back to work. Julie and I are a bad influence on each other, you see. We both have a great and passionate love. A love of food.

I’m pretty sure I’ve gained 30 pounds since I went back to work.

Today, was the apex though. Today, I went overboard, even for me.

First, I woke up with a hankering for bacon. Ya can’t have bacon without eggs. Over easy. With toast. Well, really! Have you ever tried to eat eggs over easy without toast? Just doesn’t work.
Then, I had been telling the kids for weeks that I would make cheese soup. So I had to make it, didn’t I? I, of course, applied the four food groups as I know them. I used butter, cream, cheese and everything else.
 Rich, you say?

Oh how I would love to bah humbug you…but…I can’t. It was rich. Luscious and extravagantly rich.
That would be enough for most people, but not me! No sirree Bob! Since I have been working I don’t get to bake as much, so on the weekends I get the urge. This gloomy, overcast and cool Sunday evening, spice cake was in order. I had found a new recipe and was itching to try it. The cake, of course, had a cream cheese frosting. Now, I will say it was positively heavenly. But…

I am SO BLOATED!! Too much, even for me…tomorrow I will change my ways. Well, I will try.

Again.

I’m sure it won’t be the last time. Certainly isn’t the first.

I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Scarlett, Let's review the seven deadly sins.......I believe one is GLUTONY!!!!! BTW, if I said we each lose 30 pounds and we can do Chicago would that help???? Love you darling.

    ReplyDelete