Saturday, September 11

Liam Murphy

For those of you who have wondered, worried and possibly even prayed for my sweet Liam...a little update. He had a great week at school. I have already been in close contact with his teacher, it helps that she was Sams teacher too. I adore her. We have been emailing daily about how he is fitting in and handling his repeat. She said he immediately clicked with the other kids and has seemed lighter and happier this year. She was one of his teachers last year as well, but only a secondary teacher then. This year he will spend most of his day with her. I have to agree with her. After worrying and praying all day Wednesday about how he would handle his first day in the 3rd grade the 2nd time around, he came home in an incredibly good mood. In fact, I don't believe he has ever come home in such a good mood before in the previous 4 years of schooling! He has been hanging out with boys from his baseball team. And it was a relief, let me tell you. He was so nervous Wednesday morning, he felt sick. Which in turn made Jon and I feel sick as well. He came off that bus all smiles that afternoon though and has not made a single protest to school since. So, I am hopeful...and prayerful...that this is the year things turn around for my boy with the big heart. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. You know....our children are far more resilient than we give them credit for. I am so thrilled to hear that his first few days of school went great!! Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also worried, and am very glad he is adapting. Give him a big grandma kiss for me please!

    ReplyDelete