Saturday, April 9

My Girl

Mags at sams track meet

 Ahh, my girl. Things are changing so quickly with her these days. In addition to the all drama, all the time…she’s turning into a giggly socialite. She has taken to receiving phone calls in the evening. She takes the cordless phone and disappears into her bedroom. Occasionally, she will come out to get a drink or something from her locker…talking and giggling all the while. It’s so funny to me. I can vividly remember doing the same thing…in the 3rd grade, no less. The 3rd grade must be the magical year of the phone call. It was a bit different, I confess. There was no such thing as “cordless phones” when I was her age. So, I had to lurk in the kitchen.

She has started begging me for a cell phone. That is NOT going to happen. I worry she has enough privacy to get herself in trouble with the cordless. I may have disliked having to be in the thick of the family when I had my pre-pubescent gab and giggle fests…but it certainly served as a form of accountability. By God, if she’s gabbing and giggling about boys I want to know it. Now that I’m thinking this whole thing thru, I think I may need to go buy a corded phone for the kitchen, just for her use. Winking smile What do you think??

 

I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh...I remember blogging about Sarah's use of the cordless. I do believe it was in the 3rd grade!! We have a corded phone that I plug into the wall anytime there is a power outage..just in case. Couldn't hurt to get one...and they're really cheap!! lol Good luck!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen wall phone with a 2ft. cord.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete