Wednesday, April 13

The Reward

Sam has been working hard in track...practicing after school every day. And he seems to be doing well so far. This week they have a "relay" meet. Which apparently means something, but is totally beyond me. What I DO know is that this meet is at home. This meet lasts 2 days. 2 of the 3 events Sam is participating in take place on day 2. And most importantly, I can not afford 2 days of concession begging from Maggie and Liam. So we stayed home today and will go watch tomorrow. Consequently, Sam texted me when it was over to come pick him up. Being the awesome Mom that I am, I didn't hear my phone alert. So, I didn't go pick him up. Well, not until he called 10 minutes later and said, "Are you coming to get me?"

When I picked him up, I eagerly asked as he put on his seatbelt, "Well??? How did you do?" Smiling in my most supportiver manner.
He replied, "I got two phone numbers, Austin got 5. But, he was just asking anybody, and I'm PICKY."

That my friends is what track is really all about.

I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love it!!! =) Can't wait to hear all about tomorrow's events!! GOOD LUCK SAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why it's called a "meet"!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete