Sunday, January 2

Buffalo or Bust

We have spent this second day of 2011 packing. Tomorrow, we move Jon to his apartment in Buffalo, NY. None of us is in the least bit enthusiastic about it. Well, the Buffalo part anyhow. The kids are keen on the fact that they will not be going back to school Tuesday with the rest of their classmates. They will return to school on Wednesday. We are driving up with Jon tomorrow. For several reasons. The least of which is that he cannot fit everything he needs to take in his Corolla.
The most important reason we will accompany him is because I feel a very strong urge to nest for him. I have thought about just sending him up on his own, and I can't do it. I have to go...clean, decorate, make it at least comfortable. I know he's not going to be happy there, but what kind of wife would I be if I didn't try to make it a home for him? So, I've spent a bunch of money on things like matching bathroom decorations when according to my brother, Bobby, all he really needs is a big tv, his Xbox 360 and beer. We ladies do what we can.
Last week, when we accompanied him up to sign for his apartment, we kenneled the dogs. That was distressing for us all. I worried about them constantly while we were gone. Then when we got back they were starving, exhausted and both of them puked for 2 days. So I think they picked up a bug there. Thank God, this evening, Krisi (my future sister-in-law, I HOPE) called and offered to keep Jet. That was such a HUGE load off my mind. I will feel easier leaving him in a home, with people I know will take good care of him. Plus, an added bonus, I think Jet will have a blast with Corn (my brothers dog). So, THANK YOU and God Bless You Krisi and Bobby!! Marley, we are going to take with us. I have a fair amount of confidence she can be snuck into the apartment with ease! ;)
So, we are driving up tomorrow and the kids and I will head back Tuesday. With Jon being in Buffalo, I will be going back to working part time. Which I must confess, is the one part of all this mess that makes me happy. I will be working 10am-3pm four days a week. Taking one day a week to be home with no kids, so I can get stuff done here. Jon plans on coming home every weekend possible. So, we are praying for little snowfall. The snow will likely be our biggest enemy this winter. I will keep you posted as we progress. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for safe travels to & from today!! The next 6 months will fly by, I'm sure!! And will you be off the same day every week? We could definitely make some plans to walk, visit, etc. (((HUGS))) hang in there...I know God has awesome things in store for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete