Monday, January 10

Work = Lazy

As many of you already know, since last May I have been working fulltime, while Jon has held down the frontlines at home. I confess, I did not enjoy this set of circumstances. I did not like working fulltime, but more significantly, I did not like Jon doing my job at home. Doing my job, and not doing it exactly like I did it. I know, that's a whole seperate issue. However, I yesterday came to a startling realization. Working has made me LAZY!! You just don't really know how completely and utterly inactive a deskjob is until you get winded scrubbing your childrens bathroom. I don't like it. I have vowed to get back into some sort of reasonable good health. It's positively shameful that scrubbing a bathroom at 37 years of age should make one tired. I'm going to start really light...I think I will make myself spend 15-20 minutes on the treadmill after the kids leave this morning. I need to do something...before I go sit at a desk all day again today. And to all of you, try to do the same, don't let your job keep you down! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I am doing the same. Been wearing my pedometer, cutting almost all of my pop, and drinking more water. Watching portion sizes, and doing light exercise, and slowly building up over time. I'm already down almost 5 pounds, in a little over a week. Baby steps my friend!! =)

    ReplyDelete