Friday, January 28

It Is Done


From the day we moved into this house, ten years ago, my goal for this oddly shaped little alcove in our living room has been to have a cozy little nook for reading. Reading has always been near and dear to my heart. I've never been able to comprehend not loving reading. It's escapism in it's finest form. Who could possibly not enjoy vicariously journeying with Bilbo to slay a dragon? Or win a Quidditch match with Harry, Fred and George? Or even accompany David as he brings down Goliath with a rock and God?
I've arranged and rearranged in vain. No one, including myself, has ever gone back there to read. Possibly because the quaint rocking chair I had back there was terribly uncomfortable. And before that, because you had to risk life and limb to climb into the papasan.
But now...now that I have my new chair... my goal is attained. I insisted on the chair and half and, once home, quickly came to the realization that it was THE READING CHAIR. And once I had it arranged, Maggie quickly realized the same thing. It really is the coziest little set up you ever snuggled into. I am at peace.
I love you all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! We've been looking at sofas & chairs/loveseats for our living room for ages now. I picked out a chair and a half, and Brian just rolled his eyes! But I'm gonna win this battle, when we finally decide to take the plunge!! And for the record, I feel the same way about books!! Always have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the new furniture hon! And the reading nook is a winner. Mags looks cute as a bug curled up there reading.

    Love and Miss You,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete