Wednesday, January 5

A Second Residence

The Garrett family has a new vacation home. I know, it’s very gaudy and ostentacious of us, but there you have it. We’ve signed a six month lease on our home away from home.

Where, you ask? Why, the beach of course. Well, not really the beach. It’s more like a Great Lake. Well, not really on a Great Lake, but near a Great Lake. Ok, FINE, it’s in Buffalo, NY. Are you happy now? Have you ever been to Buffalo?

What can I say? Except possibly don’t waste your time. Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure there are advantages to visiting Buffalo. I just haven’t come across any yet. Actually, that is totally untrue. The one advantage: PIZZA! To be fair, Buffalo is near a Great Lake….and it is winter. I’m sure it will be much more appealing in the spring.

All joking aside, we plan to make the most of our sentence. Jon’s new apartment is only like 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. That is a commendation, all on it’s own. He plans on coming home most weekends, however, we do want to spend at least one weekend a month up there with him. Seeing the sights, visiting Canada, Niagara Falls, all that good touristy stuff.

The vacation home, ahem, apartment is small. But I was able to at least make it cozy.

The kitchen leaves a bit to be desired…vh kitchen A bit…like a decent fridge, some cabinets that aren’t 40 years old,

IMG_0026

and, ummm, ANY other stove/oven.

vh stove oven

I am really digging this brick wall in the dining area though.

vh brick wall

The bathroom is likewise old…but it does have good water pressure to commend it.

VH bath And I absolutely love this shower curtain!

vh bath 2The living area is ho-hum. Can’t say I care a bit for the rental furniture…but I have seen worse.

vh living area  So, the kids and I went up with Jon on Monday, so he could get everything up there without renting a truck and because I needed to nest.

Add my little touches…

vh finishing touch

If you wanna check out Buffalo, and you aren’t afraid of a little snow, well, ok, a whole helluva lotta snow, come on up and pay a visit!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment