Thursday, November 5

Beauty and the Beast


So, obviously, Maggie is the beauty. I know, I know, you thought this was going to be about me and Jon didn't you? Well... you were wrong. This time... although I can certainly see where the title may lead you to believe such a thing. Maggie came home very excited today on two fronts. They have started learning about Indians at school and she's my eager one. Do YOU remember this book? She came in from the bus and informed me that "OHIO Indians didn't live in teepees ~ they built longhouses, Did you know that!?" At the risk of bursting her bubble I said, "As a matter of fact, I did know that. C'mere." And I pulled out MY 5th grade social studies book. Well, same book, but different. MeeMaw gave me this copy, which happens to be the same text book I used. Which also happens to be the same book my Uncle Johnny used and there's only like 20 years between us. I guess you don't have to update history books much... history doesn't usually change.

So she quickly curled up to read all about the "Ohio Indians".


Then she remembered...her big news for the day. She got a necklace for Honor Roll, straight A's!
She's very proud of it.

As opposed to Sam, the beast. He made Merit Roll (All A's and B's) and I found out from another parent (not him) that he got a real nice card stock certificate for it. When I asked him about it, he informed me that it was somewhere in his locker. He could care less. I've decided that while it would be nice to have the achievement certificate, it's certainly not worth an argument. I'll let it go and just be glad he actually made Merit Roll!
I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I guess you are right, History doesn't change, just the interpretation of it. Too funny about the books! I will send Mags a ecard, when you gert it let her openi t. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete