Wednesday, December 9

Homework Blues


After a delicious meal of spicy meatloaf and mashed potatoes...I put the kids to work on their respective homework.

Hard to keep them focused once the camera is out though.

Sam keeps his phone close by when he does homework. Apparently texting is the new form of cheating. Well, cheating by my standards anyhow.
Things here are pretty quiet. I hosted Mom's Prayer Group today and came away a little sad. It appears that the true meaning of Christmas is being lost in the bustle for even the most God loving hearts I know. Everyone is so stressed out. The word that came up over and over was overwhelmed. Every woman I know is overwhelmed right now. Kinda makes it heard to enjoy the holidays for them. It's kinda weighing on my mind. I love these women. They are my support system. All I can do is pray though...and offer to help. I'm a happy gift wrapper, but it does no good if they won't take me up on it.
I've also been feeling less than 100% the last two days. Ever since I got my H1N1 vaccine. I'm not sure I will ever believe that those flu shots don't make you sick. That just doesn't seem to be my experience!
Oh well, I love you all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not getting the vaccine, why should I when everyone I know is getting one? Perhaps your role with the Mom's extends to more than offering, call and tell them you are coming over with scissors, tape and eggnog (ok, add a little Captain)in hand. Love you,

    ReplyDelete