Thursday, December 17

Ups and Downs

Had an up and down kind of day today. This morning I picked up the kids stockings from Marcia (a wonderfully sweet lady from church). She embroidered their names on them. They look awesome! She did a great job. So I was thrilled with that. Then I headed to Katies house so we could go to Mansfield for some shopping. She was in a fabulous mood today initially...she found Austins' missing iPod. Missing for like 2 months. Found before she bought him a new iPod for Christmas. All was right with the world. We went shopping and had a good time. Catching up. Laughing at Cash. I got Sam some clothes for his birthday and Jon some stocking stuffers. We were having a good day. The indicator that the whole day would not be bliss should have been when Austin called Katie from the school office...sick...when we were standing in a ridiculous line at Target.

At the risk if getting sidetracked here, is it just me, or have you too noticed that stores are apparently trying to cushion some of their "losses" this year by understaffing their checkout lines?

Anyhow, we wrapped up our shopping, grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to Katies house. Chatted a few minutes, checked out Cash's new comforter (aye, matey) and left. Well, started to. As I was getting ready to pull out of her driveway, I looked to the left and saw dear sweet little whiney eared Miley. The LaFevers dog. Someone had hit her. It was so sad. I carried her in for Katie and I just kept thinking "This could be Marley". We are all guilty in our house of letting her run loose. For many reasons. Because it's cold and we don't want to go out to her chain. Or it's hot. Because it's raining...or we're tired of taking her out every 5 minutes. Whatever. Anyway, when I got home, I gave everyone a very stern lecture...Marley is NOT to be outside unless she's chained up. I felt SO BAD for Katie having to tell her kids. I do not want to ever have to do that...of course, neither did she. Please pray for the LaFevers this evening. They lost part of their family...
I love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. aww geeez...thanks for the prayers!! That was a really hard thing to do...BUT you my dear friend...are AmAzInG!!!!! Thank You so much for always being there to help me out when I need you!!!! And someday you WILL come to our home and NOT have to leave on a bad note :( Love ya girlie~ Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete