Tuesday, December 22

My Bad


Yesterday, I had one heck of a headache.
You see, that's what happens when you spend the night clenching your teeth in your sleep due to stress. Clenching your teeth for nothing.
Sunday, when we arrived home from the Garrett family Christmas, Jon being the stand up guy that he is, started the dishwasher. Now, for starters, I would like to mention, that countless times I have pressed start and walked out the door to do whatever needed done. Why Jon didn't do that? What can I say, it's a God thing. I personally, ingnorantly, preferred not to be here while it ran. It's noisy. So, my ever helpful husband put the dishwasher liquid in and started it and 15 minutes later we had bubbles, bubbles everywhere.
I was freaked out! Much as I would love to have all matching appliances...Jon still hasn't found a job. We could have replaced it easily. We have enough in savings to buy a new dishwasher, no sweat...but...Jon still hasn't found a job. Not for a lack of trying mind you...no one is hiring. Out here, even Walmart laid off their seasonal help after one week. We stand in the lines that prove it. But, I digress, the point is their are no jobs to had right now, so we need to preserve our savings...not buy a pretty new black dishwasher. You all know how I like shiny new things, how I loathe saying no to nice things...but even I said no. Jon and I discussed it and decided (gasp) we would do dishes by hand until he found a job. Which Liam thought was very cool. He said, "MOM, Will we have to do dishes like in the olden days?"
So, I pulled ALL the dishes out and Liam and I washed them. Then, I whined on facebook about my fate.
God Bless Julie Prince...who said, hers always looked like that when her husband put the wrong cleaner in it.Now, being the insufferable domestic diva that I am, how do you suppose I reacted to that???
Yup, you guessed it, I grilled my poor husband. The unfortunate good hearted soul who was only trying to help. Who, in the end I had questioning himself! "I don't know hon, maybe I squirted it into the receptacle to hard and that made it sud?"
Jon, I'm sorry. I love you and I appreciate your help around here and I confess before you all now...
Upon closer investigation...well, it was kinda...my fault. I had put a mostly empty hand soap dispenser on the top rack. And, well... you know. It kinda suddsed up.
After figuring out that it was, ahem, my fault, I ran the dishwasher empty and once it was rinsed out it was fine!!! Yay!! Poor Liam, he'll have to get dishpan hands later in life.
I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You are a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete