Tuesday, December 22

A Painful Coming of Age


Well, painful for me anyhow. Sam is either craving parental face time or he's kissing up cause his birthday is coming. He asked to play Scrabble with me tonight. Man, playing games with Sam anymore is hilarious. He's such a smarta, ahem, aleck. I added "sea" to his word "men" and he laughed uproariously for half an hour. I explained several times that "seamen" was a word for sailors...but he claims since he's an adolescent it doesn't really matter how it's spelled. I guess. Then, he jokingly accused me of being racist for using the word "jew", but turned around and added an "s" to it on his next turn. He's a hoot I tell ya.
Now, his dad is teaching him the life skill of poker. (Sigh) My baby is growing up.
During supper, he and I started arguing about something and Jon told Sam to give up because I'd never allow the argument to end with me wrong. Sam turned to him and said, "Yes, but I'm her son. I can't be wrong either!" He proceeded to convince me he was right. Yes, Virginia, I have created a monster!
I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. You've done a good job with Sam. He's a fine young man. And you can tell him I said so.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my honest opinion that he is his Mothers son. Since he will become a teen next week, you have your work cut out for you. Remember you can send him down to his Grandma any time! Love you

    ReplyDelete