Wednesday, October 15

Carving Pumpkins

Well, we had a nice long weekend. Liam's team lost their game Saturday night but he had fun so who cares, right? Maggie cheered for 3 consecutive games so she was exhausted when we got home! They both did great. Sunday we were lazy almost all day! We went to church and attended a carry-in afterwards. Then...NOTHING!!
But, on Monday we had to go to Ontario for a couple things so on the way home we swung by Apple Hill Orchard and let the kids get pumpkins. They were all able to pick one out and we spent less than $10...I highly recommend going there. They have an awesome thing going on , great atmosphere and great prices. Then we came home and got to work. I cleaned them all out...Maggie would not touch the guts and the boys tried and gave up. Then Maggie ordered me through her pumpkin. "Triangle eyes...a triangle nose and a toothy grin. NO Mommy it was supposed to have 3 teeth, not 2!!!"

Liam did his himself, which caused some problems later. Let me tell you, he will NOT be a surgeon!! That boy does not know when to quit cutting. He just kept on going until we could hardly get the top to sit where it's supposed to. I told him that his end product resembled a jack-o-lantern puppy complete with cut out ears, but nonetheless when he stood back and looked at his he know that too much of a good thing is a bad one :)!

Sam's pumpkin turned out really cool. With no stencil at all, he free handed bats and the moon on the front of his. I was quite impressed. It looks spooky lit! He had to concentrate pretty hard to get it right though as you can see!


It was lots of fun, after all this is the stuff I HOPE their childhood memories will be made of!




3 comments:

  1. I love every one of the 6 pumkins in this picture!! each one is a winner. Love to you all,

    Grandma Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I'm hoping that maybe this weekend we'll get to go get some pumpkins, but with games, and possibly going to the inlaws, I'm not so sure. But we'll see....

    Looks like the kids had a blast carving their pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is Liam crying??? I love the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete