Monday, October 6

The Kiddo's All Spiffied Up

Well, the wedding has now come and gone. The kids did very well and looked fabulous and I am glad it's over. North Carolina is a LONG way to go for 2 days. The trip was awful, both on the way down and on the way back. The kids were really antsy and just harrassed each other endlessly. Unfortunate because it would have been a BEAUTIFUL trip otherwise. Ohio's fall is rather colorless this year...I blame the August with no rain. Virginia and West Virginia have no lack of color and I was in awe of the perfection of God's creation!

When we got to Mom's house the kids tried on their clothes and we established that they were going to look GORGEOUS. The dress rehearsal was Friday evening. We missed homecoming at home, which kind of bummed us out. Highland won and I hear the fireworks were great.

Saturday, after Mom treated Maggie, Carolina and I to pedicures and manicures (thank you Mom), we had to get to the church early for pictures. I was a bit worried about being there so long with the kids but they both did a wonderful job of behaving. It probably helped that while we were getting our nails done James treated Jon and the boys to Chuck E Cheese, which burnt some off of Liam (thank you James). Maggie relished hanging out with Cyndal and her bridesmaids and Liam was so stinking nervous I thought he'd puke!! It kept him relatively sedate. They both did a fabulous job in the wedding.

The ceremony was very nice. It was definitely the most Christ centered wedding I've ever attended and I found it refreshing. I pray that Will and Cyndal have a long happy life together.

Here's Sam goofing around at the reception. He decided he'd look nice in Maggie's hairpiece. The food was awesome...Carolina Bar-B-Q. Sam and I both ate shredded pork until we felt sick. We were also able to watch the Ohio State game until we left. We took off from the reception a little earlier than most so Jon and I could pack and prepare to come home Sunday. It was an enjoyable mini-vacation. The only downfall was that we didn't have time to see Dad. I did talk to him for awhile Saturday night though. And let's not forget to mention that ...
Ohio State beat Wisconsin!!!
When we got home from the reception Mom and James' neighbor had hung a Wisconsin flag over there Ohio State one. Disturbing...I got that taken care of pronto. It was funny, but I'm SO superstitious about OSU games. It can't be good luck to have a Wisconsin flag up, so I had to take it down before Mom and James even got to see it.
A big thanks goes out to the LaFever's for keeping Marley, the peeing wonder, for us. I'm sorry she was bad. Katie said she kept peeing in her kennel. She's always miserable when Sam is away.
Well, it was fun and I'm glad it's over...back to normal. I have lots of laundry to do today and have to work tomorrow. I love you all!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! What a handsome threesome you have there!! I'm glad you're all home safe & sound. Looks like it was a beautiful wedding. Congrats to your baby brother & his fiance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE!!!
    Glad you had fun! Glad your back!!! Sorry your car ride was so BLAH...hope Miss Marley recovers from her seperation disorder...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete