Tuesday, October 28

First Snow

Yup, you read that right. Yesterday morning we had our first snow. The kids and I were terribly excited! I always love the newly coming seasons. If only winter didn't overstay it's welcome here... Well, football and cheer is over and we're settling in for a long winter's nap. I'm just as in the Christmas mood as I can get. I'm already deciding when would be just TOO early to put up the Christmas tree. I've ruled out October, but at this time anything in November is fair game. I need to get it up so I have somewhere to put all the gifts I've already bought!!
I also got to watch Cash for a couple hours while Katie went to the Dr and we had all kinds of fun. I SO enjoy having him, he reminds me SO MUCH of Liam when he was that age. My goodness they are two peas in a pod. He told me " I wide it I wide it...Yeehaw, yeehaw".




Dadgummit, he's a cutie!!
Sam was home sick again yesterday. I honestly don't think he was sick, I think he was over tired. He hardly slept at all Sunday night. We had a windstorm come through and he ended up on the couch. He said it was too loud. Anyway, he was much better today and spent the day yesterday working on stuff his teachers emailed to me. Have I mentioned that I love email!! I'm pretty sure it has lifted teacher/parent communication to a new level!! Poor Sam, he thought he'd have the day off. But NO!!
Liam and Maggie are doing well. They both aced their spelling tests Friday and Maggie had a sleepover with Darcie. She had loads of fun and did much better than I thought she would. I half expected to get a phone call at 11pm that she wanted to come home. She made it all night though!
The kids are all really looking forward to having Mom and James home this weekend and trick or treat at Uncle Bob's house Friday. I'll be sure to post pics.
Happy Halloween All!!!

2 comments:

  1. He IS a cutie...Thanks again for keeping him! Okay I have to tell you that I am glad you have ruled out October for the Christmas tree...I really think you need to hold off at least 2 weeks into November...you know you will be so tired of it by New Years!!!!!
    Is this like 4 weeks in a row for Liam?! GREAT JOB LIAM!!! And WAY TO GO MAGS!!! Glad you were able to get some rest Sam~ being in Middle school is not like being in grade school!! Have fun at Unc Bobby's!! Hope you get lots of candy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if you werent ready for Christmas enough, it had to go and snow on ya. I am with Katie, wait at least two weeks. Two solid months of Christmas decorations is a little much. Love you!

    ReplyDelete