Saturday, October 18

Our Week

Happy Belated Birthday Blake!!
Hello all! Just thought I'd update you on our week.

Me - Not a whole lot going on. I officially began Christmas shopping yesterday. It really put me in the mood. On the one hand I HATE how "gimme" Christmas is, on the other I LOVE buying gifts for people. The first official gift of the 2008 Christmas season was for Sam this year. I'm not really sure when the crossover occurs, because let's be honest...kids don't get the whole "better to give than recieve" concept. At some point in your life it magically becomes true and the rush you get opening a gift no longer holds a candle to the rush you get buying something for someone that you know they will LOVE!! The good news is that this feeling really draws out the Christmas season, at least for me. As a child Christmas summed up in 10 minutes of ripping shredding madness and the let down was terrible. Now, I have months of glee. Jon and I have been trying the last few years to find ways to refocus the kids at Christmas and I think this year we'll try a little harder. I don't want to take any of their joy, I want to add to it. I believe that focusing a little more on the biggest gift of Christmas will do that! I shudder to think where our lives would be without Jesus!

Jon - My dutiful husband is a busy bee this morning. He has been really industrious while I'm loafing on the computer this morning. He's sealing our windows and cleaning ceiling fan blades. I should be ashamed and motivated...but I'm not :)! He has to do chains at Liam's game today and I'll be sure to post pics of him. The poor thing got assigned to what promises to be the COLDEST game of the season. It's only 43 degrees outside right now and it's a bit breezy too. He also dug through his drawers this morning and located his longjohns!

Sam - He's brought his F in math up to a D. No, Mom is still not satisfied and he is still grounded from his gaming systems. I really wish he'd fix this...what he doesn't realize is that I'm being tortured by his punishment too. He bugs and whines and drives me CRAZY!!

Liam - Oh yeah baby! Liam got another 100 on his spelling test yesterday. It's hard work but worth it when he calls me at work on Friday afternoon and tells me his grade! When I got home yesterday we took him to a birthday party. They had lots of fun and even set off fireworks! He really enjoyed it.

Maggie - She got a 100 on her spelling test too. Which was a little harder for her because she had a review test which has more words to remember. Last night she read me 4 books and was ready to continue, but I begged off. I asked her if we had to read all her school books at one time and she said "But mommy, our classroom goal is to be strong readers". I could only laugh. Trust me, she's already a strong reader.

Ok - I guess it's time to get ready to go now. We have Liam's game at noon (so he has to be there at 11:15), then Maggie's cheer game at 2pm. We'll be leaving her game a little early for Blake's 4th birthday party!

Happy 4th Birthday Blake!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment