Monday, March 23

Spring Cleaning ~ Maggie's Room

Well...today I decided it's time to start spring cleaning. I've decided this year I will concentrate on one room per day (not necessarily consecutive days either!) until they're all done. I conquered Maggie's room first. I wish I'd taken a before pic ~ it was hit pretty bad. So FIRST... I had to kick her out of bad and send her sweet behind to school!

Then I got down to business...I pulled ALL of her clothes out of the closet and dresser. Brought all her off season clothes up from the basement and went through it piece by piece. We are very fortunate to have several people who provide Mag's with haute coutoure hand me downs ;) SO...I went through it REAL PICKY. She has SO MANY clothes thanks to Katie and Brandy and Melissa that I decided at this point I can afford to be! If it was stained or damaged, slightly too small or even if I just wasn't crazy about it...GONE! I weeded out 2 large garbage bags to take to good will (or maybe I'll check with Christy first to see if she wants to go through them for Laura and Anna), and Maggie still has a crammed closet and dresser full of spring/summer clothes. All of her winter clothes are packed away in the basement, so most likely it will get really cold again now and if so...sorry everybody! It had to be done eventually:)!
Then , I moved her furniture so I could vacuum behind it and dust her railing/fence.

Then, I dusted everything and hose vacuumed the ceiling for cobwebs and put all the furniture back.
I took Sam's bookshelf (which he NEVER used) and put it in Maggie's room. That child LOVES her books! If any of my kids need a bookshelf it's her and she was the only one who didn't have one. So, she does now and I can't wait for her to get home from school. When she sees her clean room and her "new" bookshelf I'd imagine for a few hours anyway she's going to love me a whole lot ;)!
Maggie's room is now DONE! Yeah! One room down, 10 rooms to go + the basement needs organized :( ! I think I may wait for Jon to be home to do THAT!




We still haven't heard from Liam's coach yet...Maggie and Sam BOTH have practice tomorrow night at 5pm. Sam at the ballpark and Maggie at the little Sparta field which works out VERY well ~ one location, one night, one time, killing two practices...two sets of parents to socialize with...ah I do believe it's HEAVEN!! Love you all ~ I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Maggie's room looks great!! I am getting semi-motivated to clean out the kids' rooms as well. Andy's really needs it...he's got jeans that are getting to be too short! Poor kid....and Sarah has tons of clothes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, you did a great job and the reward was worth it when you saw her smile and she gave you a hug and spent most of her time back there. You are the mom of the year!! I love you and your are the wife of the century.

    ReplyDelete