Wednesday, May 13

A Birth Announcement and More

Guess what? I used my mixer Monday to try my hand at French Bread...CHECK THAT OUT! It tasted as good as it looked too!! Monday night Sam had a game against a rec team in Marion. They won that game 11-3, we didn't get home that night until after 9pm! Bed times are out the window here lately! We were at the ball fields last night until almost 9pm as well. Good thing school is almost out! But, I am getting out of order...
Guess what I decided to grow...
Well, OK, not really my decision! Not real sure WHY she decided to give birth to 5 kittens in the flower pot, but she has her mind made up. I tried moving them and she was not happy with me... Melissa plans on coming sometime this week to take all the cats to her brother and sister in laws barn. Didn't quite come soon enough though! We have 5 MORE NOW!! Ugghh ~ but doggone (no pun intended) they sure are CUTE!!


So far she seems to be a good mommy. Kittens or no she's getting sent to the farm! We may determine the sexes of the kittens and keep one boy when it's all said and done to be our outside cat...but NO GIRLS!! I don't want any more kittens!! The kids are in love though, just like every spring !


Yesterday Sam began a series of pool games for a pre-season tournament this Sunday. Shockingly, they lost their first game. I'm afraid they went into that game a bit cocky ~ it was bound to happen. There are six games in the pool and the top 2 teams advance to Sunday, so they still have time to save their butts! I don't know that they'll be proving they can do it this evening though...
We have some wicked weather incoming! Are those not some funky clouds??
I'll keep you posted about Sam's tourn. progress. Everyone shoot up a little prayer for Sam, he's in the midst of a nasty little batting slump! He struck out 4 times last night!!!! Jon's been pitching to him every day this week in the back yard and he hits them all there??!? But, at the games ... NOTHING! Oh well, we love you all!!




3 comments:

  1. Bread looks WONDERFUL! Yummy! Kittens...hmm glad your getting rid of them! Sorry it has to be to my flippin neighbor, ugh! Guess I should not have been calling you "catwoman" those darn things will prob end up at my house!

    Oh and Allie says "they are soooo cute"!!!!! she wants to know when she can come over to see them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell sam not to try. if he goes to bat and doesnt "try" he will hit the ball. the harder he tries, the harder hes gonna swing, the worse its gonna get. dont try....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam will be fine, it is all because he is trying too hard. When you reallly care it puts preasure on you. I am with Steve, he just needs to relax.

    ReplyDelete