Sunday, May 10

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!

My new fridge was delivered this morning...which neccessitated missing church. We felt bad for missing because we know we'll miss next week because of Sam's tournament...but...we've been living out of a cooler for over 24 hours, so we wanted the new fridge delivered ASAP! I went with black this time ~ after I decorated my kitchen, the white appliances were an eyesore! I had originally thought I wanted the stainless look ~ but decided in the end that it may clash with my copper look backsplash...so black was what worked best with my kitchen IMHO. Now, next year we have to set money aside out of our income tax return to replace the oven and dishwasher when they go out. We would like to be better prepared next time and both of them are past prime ( and white, lol). I didn't realize how poorly laid out the inside of our old one was until I started putting stuff in this one. They have the same outside dimensions, but I'm able to get much more in the new one. I guess I didn't like the LG all the way around and I just never knew it!
I would highly recommend the guys who install appliances for Lowe's out of Mt Vernon - very knowledgeable and after speaking with them I think part of the problem with the last fridge was the installation. For instance, did you know you are not supposed to level a fridge from front to back?? Only from side to side ~ because you want the doors higher so the weight of the stuff in the door helps to close it. The installer said that prolongs the life of your seal ~ which was one of our problems before! But, the yahoos from HH Gregg had the whole thing level. There were some other things as well, but I will settle for saying they were great and I was very pleased with their work and their knowledge. Also, we got a rebate which covered the cost of delivery and installation and $50 off the fridge because it was an energy seal appliance.
The kids brought me breakfast in bed this morn ~ which of course my awesom husband made ~ Eggs Benedict! YUM!!! it was wonderful! That is my traditional breakfast request on mothers day. Maggie and Liam had both made me lovely, sweet cards at school ~ Sam informed me tha my gift from him is...HIM. Nice, huh? He's a turd!

So, while I've been nesting and arranging in the kitchen, Jon went out to till the garden again.
Sam and Liam decided to throw for awhile and Maggie has been following me all over the place, just generally bugging!

Well ~ I love you all!! and to Mom and Anne and Tracy and Katie and Angie and eny other Mom who may ready this:
A Very Happy Mothers Day To You!!


2 comments:

  1. love the new fridge!! it's looks fabulous in your kitchen!!
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete