Sunday, May 3

Wish you could smell them!

Hello down there in NC! My Lilac is in it's full glory right now and I just had to share!
I wish you could smell them...you cannot walk out our door today without the scent of lilacs washing over you. One of the ...well, ok, the only thing I can currently think of that I love about Ohio in the spring. When I planted the lilac I carefully placed it behind my bedroom window, so I can smell it when I'm lying in bed. It's wonderful!!

This weekend Sam spent the night with Austin Saturday night and Mag's had her friend Darcie over. They giggled in bed until after midnight. This morning we took Darcie with us to church and got Sam from the LaFever's there. It was actually a fairly nice day, mostly cloudy, but no rain and 72. It's an inprovement, so I'll not complain. The weather has been so up and down lately that I seem to constantly have a headache though.

Jon and I are going to Glass Garden tomorrow to get our veggies. the plan is: grape tomatoes, several types of peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, broccolli and maybe brussell sprouts again for Liam. I want to but them before the nursery is cleaned out, but probably won't plant them until after next weekend. It's not quite safe here yet. My apple trees are dropping petals, so I plan to have Jon treat them this week too. This year is the first time we'll have ever treated them, so it's kind of an experiment...my red delicious has tons of blooms on it, so I'm hopeful to get a good crop at least from that tree. The Gala looks about like it always does, which isn't bad, but isn't bumper either. The 5-in-1 isn't flowering at all this year. It's only 3 years old and had a decent harvest last year, so I'm afraid I may have let it do too much too soon. Next year I'll have to feed them.We love and miss you all. Make sure you stop to smell the flowers!!


1 comment:

  1. I am envious of the lilac smells, I do miss them. good pix of the flowers all the way thru. Love you too, and spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete