Saturday, May 9

RIP...Refrigerator In Pieces

Ya know...when it rains it pours. I've had a really thoughtful 24 hours. I started them out extremely disgruntled, in the throes of a serious pity party, let me tell you. I'm sure you can hear me railing at God..."first our car, then our jobs, now our fridge...aagghhh! Why is it always us????" After much prayer and some reference work (Bible) I'm doing ok now. I do know there are much worse things that could happen. My family is fine, healthy...my house is still standing...we are generally speaking a very happy family. So what if the fridge broke ~ it was a problem from day 1 anyway! A little more prayer at the start and we would probably have been steered clear of that one, but the fridge pre-dated my salvation, so...
Mind you...this new fridge we purchased this morning will be the 3rd we've owned since we moved into this house a scant 7 years ago!! This model was only about 5 1/2 yrs old ~ JUST outside the extended warranty we purchased for the daggum thing 5 yrs ago. Not that said warranty did us ANY good whatsoever. Two years after we bought the stupid thing HH Gregg sold their extended warranty division to GE...our fridge was a LG model. No one they dealt with could maintenance LG appliances, so to get it fixed we would have had to pay for a service call ourselves and request re-imbursement, which would be totally up to their discretion. They were only willing to re-imburse what they considered reasonable. So by the time we gave up and replaced the cursed thing here's a list of what was broken: ice maker (serviced 3 times and still broken!!), ice drawer, freezer handle, magnetic seal around the fridge and the condenser. Wow, huh? I guess the moral to this story is don't buy a LG refrigerator! Anyway, when the condenser went last night we threw our hands up in the air and Jon got online to start reviewing prices and consumer ratings, etc. Please pray with us that this appliance lasts quite awhile, as a general rule I do not believe a family should average a new fridge every 3 1/2 years!! Even if you do have kids getting into it all day!
Our biggest concern now is that the money we used for the fridge was part of the money we ad in savings allocated to our propane pre-buy in September. That moolah was already spoken for...so now, God will just have to make sure we have that taken care this winter! I'm sure He has it under control. And believe it or not, I DO understand that it's TRUE : What doesn't kill me makes me stronger! Every trial refines me...He has a point and it's a whole lot more important than a refrigerator...So "HERE I AM LORD, HAPPY IN MY TRIALS!" For your eternal glory ~ Amen!

I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Well, sorry to hear about yur frige. It has ben trouble since day one. I am thinking about you all, love you!

    ReplyDelete