Tuesday, May 26

Tuesday's News

Maggie came home from school sick this morning...it was questionable! The school called me around 9:15 and told me that Maggie got sick. So Jon went to pick her up ~ she was mostly just upset because she got it all over her feet and shoes...but after a bath she was just fine! Really fine...like I don't even know fine! Jon was thinking that perhaps it was from sinus drainage (allergies), which I suppose is the most likely culprit. She is not overly fond of cocoa puffs right now though!
Sam started football "camp" this week. I'd heard LOTS of horror stories about how mean the coach is...so of course I fretted about it all afternoon. His camp was from 2:30-4:30 and he had baseball practice at 5pm! So when we got up there I eagerly asked him how it was and his reply was (eyebrows arched) "He yells loud but he wasn't mean ~ it was easy" The implication being that HE'S USED TO THAT!!! So all these years I wasn't being a hag...I was preparing him for football!! He did the 40 in 4.9 seconds from a stop...which must be good I guess because he was quite proud of it?? He's pretty psyched about the whole thing, which I find amusing coming from the kid who so adamantly has NOT wanted to play football up until now.
Maggie played a game tonight. They only played 4 innings (she did an inning at short, 1 at pitcher and 2 at 3rd base) and they really need to let up a bit! They won their game in Johnsville 28-3!! YOUCH! I felt really bad for the Johnsville team and it got to the point where our coach was encouraging their girls to run the bases and our parents were cheering for them when they got one of OUR girls out!! It was kind of funny really.
Well ~ that's all for now folks...we have three VERY tired kids tonight. Tomorrow is Liam's game in Mt Gilead and Sam has football practice and baseball again. His first season baseball game will be Thursday (after another afternoon of football camp)...should be interesting. He said he is supposed to know what position he wants to try out for then...any suggestions?
Love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. with his height, and 4.9 speed?????? I would recommend wide reciever....if he has good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say so Steve, he's playing receiver! LOL

    ReplyDelete