Saturday, November 8

Oh the Agony of Waiting!

OK - so I could not wait. In my defense, this tree is only 1 of 6 that I put up every year. If I don't get started early, I'll never get it all up by December!!! This tree also has significance. It was MeeMaw's (Great Grandma Guden). I always went over to her house and helped her put up her (5) trees and this tree graced her dining room. Now, it reminds me of her everytime I go into the kitchen.
I still plan on waiting for the BIG tree until the third week of November. But I will be slowly putting up all the rest of the Christmas stuff.
Jon and the boys are off to Mt Vernon this morning to pick up a few things at Walmart, get Sam's eyes checked (to make sure he's doing ok with his contacts) and get their haircuts. Maggie and I are just hanging out.


She's playing with her Barbie's and I'm playing with the computer. The house is clean, the laundry is done...If I don't find something to do soon, more decorations will be going up!! I think maybe I'll wrap some gifts this afternoon.
We had a pretty uneventful week after my last posts. Maggie and Liam both got 100's on their spelling tests yesterday. I was ready for all the extracurricular activities to be over, but I have to admit...I'm kind of bored now. I guess I could clean the basement, but who wants to do THAT!?!?! Ohio State plays Northwestern today. I think I'll make some white chili and then put out a Christmas village or two...Love you all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, we also had white chili on Saturday. Just remember that what you put up early you will have to dust until you put them away. LU,M

    ReplyDelete