Saturday, November 29

Thanksgiving II

We had our second thanksgiving this afternoon. Bobby and Blake came over and we had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, gravy and corn souffle ~ hats off to Bobby. HE made the corn souffle (& mashed the potatoes for me, nevermind that he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him to get the beaters out of the dishwasher lol). I made a pumpkin roll for desert. It was all DELICIOUS!! The gravy wasn't as good as mom's but it wasn't at all bad, so I was happy!
Jon missed supper, he went over to the LaFever's house to help Johnny with the floor in the basement. He didn't really care though, this meal was all about me and we both knew it. It just isn't thanksgiving until I've eaten all the "Guden" food. I have to say, I love my Aunt Becky a little more everytime I make that stuffing of hers!!! When Jon got home I made him up a plate and I'm pretty sure it was still really good! He ate it all anyway...

We had a very pleasant time and it was great to have Blake and Bobby over ~ it's been awhile since they've been here. Blake and the kids had lots of fun. They kept starting movies then running off to play ~ which is somewhat to be expected! This pic is for all of you in NC ~ we wish ALL of you could have been here with us too!!!














3 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of you together, it warms my heart. According to Bobby the gravy was up to my standard, you did a good job! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I was around you all more... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hon, I did miss having dinner with all of you. I am all about you and you know it. The dinner was great. Remember what you have told me about food that you have made. It's not as good when you make it but is excellent when someone else does. You did a great job. I love you more than you will ever know Hon.

    ReplyDelete