Wednesday, November 19

Working on it

Well, I was a good girl today and I've got one thing to say about it. Being a good girl just doesn't taste as good as pumpkin praline cheesecake!! For breakfast I had 1 piece of pepperidge farms cinnamon toast and yes I confess, I put a pat of butter on it. I decided I can cut back and even give up a lot of it but I just CANNOT eat fake butter. If it's any consolation I used half of what I'd normally use! Then I had to run some errands. Jon bought me a COOL new phone last night. The only problem was it didn't work. So after I dropped some books off to a few friends for Mom's prayer group tomorrow I went "to town" to return/exchange my new phone. They gave me no hassle at all at Verizon, just swapped it out for a new one. So, now I have a fancy schmancy new EnV2. I'm afraid it's smarter than me, but it has cool ringtones, so who cares, right!?! Then I swung by to kiss my husband and went to Wal-Mart to buy a bunch of food imposters that I can eat. Ok, so I'm being a brat. It actually wasn't that bad. I got some Fiber One bars which I love!! They are yummy and HEY, Oprah's work out guy says they're good for you! Plus some oatmeal that Dad had me pick up for him last spring when I went to the store while we were in NC. I remembered him telling me his Dr told him to get it for his cholesterol, so I git that too, cranberry and blueberry. And, of course, stuff for salads. I have to admit I'm just not real big on cooked veggies, but I can kill a salad! After Wal-mart I went home and ate some chili, and I didn't even put ANY cheese or sour cream on it. I'd kinda forgotten what chili really tastes like! It wasn't bad, it wasn't cheese and sour cream, but I didn't gag or anything. After lunch I stopped over by Katie's to help paint. Praise God, she was already done for the day ~ lol. So we just visited for awhile and I got to play and fuss with the birthday boy. When I got home I read some blogs and saw that Angie was making chicken and noodles for supper. I thought to myself, "Self, you can eat chicken and noodles...no oil, no cheese, no sour cream, no red meat. Hmmm." So, being the free thinking original cooker that I am, I totally copied Angie and made chicken and noodles for dinner (no, I did not make homemade noodles, I used Amish noodles). That was quite good. I'm not going to lie ~ cheese sounds real good right now. Unfortunately, croaking does not, so I'll pass on the cheese. I also called the dr's office today and had them call me in a $4 statin scrip of some sort. I'll pick it up Friday when I'm in Mt Vernon. No worries Dad, I'm getting on it! I haven't exercised yet, BABY STEPS PEOPLE!! I need to go now to read my chapter for tomorrows group meet and to do my Bible Study for today. I usually do that in the morning, but today I sort of hit the ground running. I love you all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hon, I am very proud of you. I am thankful that you are taking this seriously and I know that the kids are also. We do need to start exercising soon. Like this weekend while the game is on. That way neither one of us are tempted to go to the fridge for more than a bottle of water. I know it doesn't sound good to you, but it is best for all of us. I love you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete