Monday, December 1

Not the Gumdrop Buttons!!

This morning the kids built the gingerbread house kit Kay got for them. Austin spent the night last night, so he was able to help. I think they had a lot of fun putting it all together!
The boys constructed our little edible abode...

Maggie waited patiently for them to get things put together so she and Liam could decorate...







Trust me, when you have three young boys working on your gingerbread house, the gingerbread WILL take a dump. It's unavoidable. I probably never should have given them those whoppers!! lol~



Liam added a few finishing touches and WAALAA!!!




They were extremely proud, actually Austin remarked that this could well be the ugliest gingerbread house he'd ever seen, but they had fun, so who cares!??!
Things here are settling down now after the holiday. Jon went back to work today. The kids are obviously still home...first day of deer gun season here in Morrow Co.! So, as of right now, Austin has gone home...Liam and Maggie are watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast while Sam is at the table working on the last of his homework. He got most of it done Saturday, but saved one paper to do this afternoon. I plan on making meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper tonight. The house is straightened...I figure I'll clean tomorrow while the kids are at school. As soon as Sam is done with his homework the kids and I are heading downstairs to work out. wooo ~ hooo... the kids have really been on me about it lately. I have gone down to walk on the treadmill every other day for the last week. I know I need to do better, but I'm working on it. I love you all!!!!






4 comments:

  1. So, gingerbread houses take dumps? Explain that one please. As for you excercising, good good....but meatloaf and mashed potatos hardly qualifies as health food. Just remember, its not what you eat sometimes, its what you eat most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingerbread house!! Dumps and all!! lol As far as exercising goes...baby steps dear!! You need to work your way up, and go from there!! But I for one, am very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it help that I made the meatloaf with ground turkey!?! The gingerbread man took a whopper dump goofy!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hon for sharing. It looks like the kids had a good time. I am thankful that Austin was there to put his special touch on it as well. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete