Tuesday, February 24

Little to work with...

Not a whole lot going on with us right now. We got the kids signed up for ball and are eagerly awaiting seasons start! Or at least just some baseball weather. The sun came out today, which was WONDERFUL! I decided to walk outside instead of on the treadmill. Same amount of time walking, for some reason gravel country roads seem to be a bit more strenuous than my treadmill though? It was a good walk. Cold enough out that I didn't get hot, warm enough that a fleece was enough as long as I was walking. Marley went with me which necessitated a dog bath the minute we got home. I took a good look around and we are definitely still deep in winter. No buds on the trees, no greenery peeking up through the snow...nada! At this time of year I start watching for those little telltale signs, they give me hope...but nothing yet :(.
The van is in the shop...the water pump went out or something like that. So, now we have to replace that and the stupid belts, including the timing belt (ouch). If it's not one thing it's another. I'm not too concerned about it yet...just pray with me that this isn't the beginning of a long endless lines of problems with the van. It really needs to hold out for at LEAST one more year.
We found out at work this week that one of our clients is laying off 41 people. That's a pretty big blow for Atrium. It has occured to me that I may end up laid off myself. Jon and I discussed it and given out current position and my history with the Heitmeyers I would absolutely not even consider filing for unemployment. We can make it stretch if we have to. I'd rather not, but if push comes to shove we've been in that position before and we've learned a lot over the years about saving money. We'll be alright...so now I'm just sort of waiting for the blow to come. Not worrying though, whatever happens it won't take God by surprise. He has our lives under control and I'm fine with that.
The kids are doing ok ~ very antsy. They definitely have cabin fever now. They're bickering with each other A LOT!! Driving Jon and I crazy...haven't figured out the best way to deal with that situation. They don't want to be seperated because they get bored...but they cannot get along. We all have been talking a lot about our pending vacation to NC...eager, excited, etc!!!
I think I may actually watch ole Obama's address this evening, purely out of curiosity. I do NOT believe he can fix the economy. i don't mean to be negative, but I truly believe the economy is only correcting itself. I think those houses were probably NEVER worth $500,000 and gas was NEVER worth $5/gallon... I could go on and on. The only thing that will fix America is Americans learning to live INSIDE their means. Trust me, I KNOW that is a tough lesson, Jon and I only recently learned it, but it's the only way. The idea of the government owning banks and car companys is kind of scary to me... but of course, that's just me. Love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the economy. I don't get how throwing money - imaginary money, money from the FUTURE - is going to do anything good.

    Glad you enjoyed your walk - yep, treadmills make it a little easier! Hope things turn out well with the van and work.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, youre not alone....

    treadmills are more difficult unless you increase the incline to no less than 1.5.....
    on the road, just think, there is nothing moving the ground beneath your feet except YOU.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say that treadmills are easier....sorry

    ReplyDelete