Wednesday, February 18

Yuck!

Well, here we go...late February in Ohio. It is really, super blah out today. Just as greay as it can be. It's drizzling and warmer, supposed to turn to snow tonight. I just cannot stand February and March ~ they are depressing. I did notice yesterday that the buds on my lilac and pear tree are growing, which is an encouraging sign. Right now, Jon and I are counting down the days until our yearly spring getaway to NC. 49 days...sigh
There's really nothing going on here either, it's our slow time of year. Baseball sign ups are this Saturday. All three kids want to play, of course. I suppose I should try to enjoy the lack of commitments right now...come spring I know from experience it will be hectic trying to get all 3 of them to their various practices and games. I'm looking forward to it though, if for no other reason than it will be nice outside then.
I am still working out every day ~ I have not missed a single one Dad! Which actually brings me to a question...when you started walking and your blood pressure medecine was too strong, did you get dizzy? I've been kind of light headed today and last night and I'm thinking perhaps it's time to go see Dr Hughes again to adjust or (crossing my fingers)possibly even go off of the medication. That one at least! I'm hoping that's the problem. If it doesn't go away by tomorrow I'll have to call her.
Jon has been busy in his workshop. He's building deer head stands for his brothers ~ ew, gross! The kids are starting to get antsy ~ they need something to do! Liam has gotten his pogo stick back out. The snow is gone, and he doesn't care if it's cold and drizzly. He just heads out and bounces his little fool self all over the driveway. He needs the outlet. Sam and Maggie have been pretty inactive lately. They're all arguing with each other a lot and I think cabin fever has set in.
We finally have set up our Moms prayer group to meet again. We halted over the holidays and sort of stalled on getting back to it. But, we're meeting tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that. I think the rest of the mom's are going stir crazy too!
Oh well, like I said no news...nothing going on. We miss you all and hope you're doing well in your nice warm sunny weather down there (grunt). Love you!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I have trouble keeping my eyes open on days like today. I think I might take a nap between loads of laundry today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, you forgot that Sam has been going over to shot some baskets and burning off some energy there. I am sorry that my birthday month is so bad for you. Just kidding Hon. I had no control over that. I pray that you are feeling better after your nap. Sorry that I called and woke you up. I was getting worried that I hadn't heard from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that you all feel better, it is rainy and in the high 40's down here, it is gloomy, reminds me of Ohio. Miss you all, (not the weather)

    ReplyDelete