Monday, February 9

Samuel Montgomery...

Ah Sam...my first baby! 10 Random Things About YOU!!!
1. Sam is 12 years old and wears a mens size 12 shoes...seriously. I'm starting to get worried about finding shoes for him in another couple years!
2. Sam has had the same best friend since the 2nd grade. He and Austin are thick as thieves! I don't think he understands yet how much that will mean to him later in life...so I pray that they always remember who's ALWAYS been there for them (each other).
3. Sam is Grandma Debby's boy ~ much to her delight. I'd like to say he's my boy, but the two of them have some mystic bond...NO, I don't think he's grandpa mom!
4. Sam will still hug and kiss me in public (probably because he KNOWS I'll cause a scene if he resists!) even at the age of 12.
5. When Sam was potty training (when he was 2 1/2 yrs old), one time I went to the bathroom to check on him because he'd been back there for a half an hour and when I got him off the little training toilet he had my cat shoved in it ~ He'd been sitting on Scrooge for 30 minutes!
6. Sam plays video games, ALOT! I've tried putting limits on it, that usually engenders resentment...I've found it's better to try distract him. Don't say "Sam you can't play Wii...say Sam would you watch tv with me?" Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks??
7. He was baptised last summer, at his own request. He has accepted Jesus as HIS personal savior and I look forward to seeing the young man he grows up to be!
8. Sam likes playing baseball and while I expect him to be out of shape (due to video games) he's actually in great shape. He was on the elliptical last night while I walked on the treadmill for 31 minutes! He's taking fitness at school and he really enjoys it!
9. Sam likes science - he thinks he wants to be a meteorologist when he grows up. The problem with that is that he doesn't like math...he's really good at it...but he doesn't LIKE it. I keep trying to tell him that you can't have science without math, but he doesn't get that yet.
10. Of my 3 kids Sam is the "good boy". He doesn't whine or throw fits or ask for things we can't afford. He's content and at peace with life in a way that I wish the others could pick up on.

I love you Sam with my whole heart!!

3 comments:

  1. He's a great kid...a young man I'd describe as an "old soul." I love science too...but hated the math! You're blessed to have him, and he's lucky to have you! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to amend #10- He doesn't ask US for things we can't afford. He's smartet than that! He asks his grandparents for the expensive stuff!! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never one thought he was Grandpa, he is an old soul though. He is, and always will be my special grandson. Each one of my grandchildren have a special place in my heart, just like my children. I can't love them more.............

    ReplyDelete