Tuesday, April 21

In Which Mag's Gets Staples In Her HEAD!


We have had quite the morning at the Garrett house. Actually, we just got to the Garret House ~ We've been at Urgent Care this morning! About 45 minutes after Mag's and Liam got on the bus this morn I got a phone call from the school secretary telling me that Maggie fell on the bus and had a cut on the back of her head. Deb said she seemed like she was doing ok, but they'd feel better if I came and checked it. She was fairly calm, so I did not freak out. I put on some clothes and brushed my teeth...didn't even bother putting the dog up because I figured I'd be right back to the house in a few minutes. Boy, was I wrong.
Liam deserves Brother of the Year. She fell off her seat on the bus when they were almost to the school and hit the back of her head on the wheel well. Her best friend Darcie was the first o realize she was blleding. When they got to school, Darcie and Liam told the bus driver and walked her to the office. It's good to have good friends and brothers!!
He never left her side according to the principal - he stayed with her holding her hand until I got there. When I saw it I didn't think it was bad per se...only about an inch maybe an inch and a half long, but it was gaping open...so, I made the tough decision (you always wonder if you're overreactiong when you're a parent) and called Jon at work to tell him to meet us at Urgent Care. After cleaning her head and looking at the cut (which looked quite a bit worse once it was clean :( ) they went with staples. When Maggie was still at school waiting for me her teacher from last year (Mrs Lovely) was trying to keep her distracted and amused ~ when I got there she was asking Maggie if they should attach a pillow to her head or just staple it shut maybe, which made Maggie laugh. Little did we know...!
So, now she will set off metal detectors for a week! My sweet princess has 3 staples in the back of her head. She did not shed one single tear when they did it. She was SO BRAVE AND STRONG! I'm very proud of her. She chose to have Burger King for lunch and then we went to Kroger and got her some Ice Cream Sandwiches. She's laying on the couch watching Bedtime Stories. I'm REALLY not looking forward to cleaning it a few times a day :(... We'll keep you all posted!
Oh and Dad, we got the fit board skin in the mail yesterday ~ Thank You!!

2 comments:

  1. EEWWW....poor Maggie! She is one tough little thing...no tears?! give her lots of kisses from the LaFever's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now her crown won't fit as well, and when she has her hair done it will be a problem area, oh, there is no end to the problems. I like the pillow stapled to her head thing, we might have a winner there. Give her a big Grandma kiss and tell her I am very proud of her. I always knew Liam was a great big brother, he always took care of her when she was a baby.

    ReplyDelete