Tuesday, April 14

Wrap It Up

Well ~ vacation is over...time for me to wrap up the blogs about it. Here's a pic of the kids at Kings Mtn Military Park. Liam told me he was excited to go there because there were a bunch of dead British guys buried there. That comment cracked me up...between that and him trying to burn bugs and leaves with the magnifying glass Dad got him, I've decided Liam and Anne make a dangerous, though amusing, combination! LOL \
From left to right: Maggie(bottom), Sam, Liam, Sarah and Matthew~ We spent all day Saturday with Dad and Anne. The kids played with their WiiFit and supplied us with MANY laughs while entertaining themselves. Let me tell you something ~ watching Liam attempt to hula hoop can make you pee your pants! It's hilarious! It was wonderful to have some time with them...Dad grilled steaks for dinner and Anne made twice baked potatoes and broccoli w/cheese sauce, DELICIOUS!
Sunday the kids hunted for their Easter baskets then we got ready to split the day. We headed over to Dad and Anne's first for a little more time with them on our last day in NC. Then, we packed the kids up and went back to Mom's. Got all our laundry done (thanks Mom and James for doing some of it while we were gone!) and started packing. A very good friend of mine from high school stopped by on his way back to Raleigh from his families Easter, Jason Williams. I got to meet 2 of his children, Samuel and Cora and they were adorable. It was great to see Jason again! After he and his children left we ate supper and the kids watched Bolt. We also spent a little quality family time in the hot tub...


Of course yesterday we drove home ~ that drive is bittersweet. Maggie was very homesick by the last night...so she was very excited to be driving home. We had to stop at Walmart to pick up milk and eggs ~ we had really planned just right for the perishables to last only until we left...therefore there was nothing left at home in the fridge when we left!
So, we're home! AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT SUCKS!!!!! It's 40 degrees and raining and will be all day. I missed my "home" while we were gone, but I don't think I'll ever be able to accept the nature of Ohio in the spring. Spring is the only time of year that I don't LOVE Ohio. I just have to remind myself that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else come summer, fall and winter!
Today, I have to go with Jon to return the rental and get us completely unpacked. We are eagerly awaiting the WiiFit Dad bought and had shipped to us (THANK YOU DAD AND ANNE) ~ we are really excited to get it! Love to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are home safe & sound. This weather sucks, but I love how green our grass has gotten from all this loverly rain! ;o) Of course, if it were just a tad bit warmer, the rain wouldn't be so bad! lol

    Anyway, Katie mentioned that she'd like us to wait til next week for Martha Mom's and if it isn't too much to ask, can we have it here next week instead of this? The last 2 days I've been down with something....chills, aches, etc. I'm feeling better now, but as you know when Momma's sick, nothing gets done!! Just let me know if it's okay to move it to next week instead!!

    ReplyDelete