Saturday, July 18

A Bittersweet Ending

When I say that we were ready to go all the way today, I do mean...We were READY!! We were as decked out and pumped up as any team has ever been! And we needed to be! Because who do you think we had to play??? You guessed it... the dreaded Marengo Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short...we lost, in a good way...not a 24-1 in 4 innings way! Our boys fought hard...and lost by 1 run. They were SO DISAPPOINTED!!
Look at that face, Does he not just look THRILLED!?
Look at them...all hangin' their heads. I'm telling you people, I saw mostly grown boys cry today, quite a few of them!
Whether they have the sense to be proud of themselves or not I sure am PROUD of them!!! This team won 1 GAME all year last year!!! This year they busted their buttocks and worked SO HARD and came in first place in the league and 3rd in their tournaments!!
So , I say GO HIGHLAND BLUE!!! You boys ROCK!!!


Sam did play well today, if you're interested in knowing. He struck out once, hit out once and had base hits twice and he had a great defensive game. I kept having to turn my back on the game so I could have missed something...but I saw him catch or throw 4 outs. He has improved dramatically this year and I'm very proud of him. He was bummed on the way home and told me he's not ready for baseball season to be over.

Liam starts his tournaments tomorrow...on his birthday, but if there was ever a kid who would NOT be put out by that, you know it's Liam!
Maggie starts her tournaments on Monday...I will be shocked if her team doesn't go all the way, they've only lost one game all year and they have played a LOT of games!!
I love you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment