Sunday, July 12

A Rough 24 Hours!

Oh my...I'm going to catch you up as quickly as possible here...
  • Friday night Liam played well...not phenomenally...but he held his own. Which is really saying something considering he moved up and played infield! He ended up playing shortstop and 2nd base and he was SO EXCITED!! He didn't get any base hits, but was able to make contact every time he came up to bat. His performance was encouraging.
  • At 4am yesterday morning, Jon woke me up in extreme, doubled over, nauseating pain. He informed me he was going to drive himself to the emergency room. Ridiculous, huh? Considering the CLOSEST one was 25 minutes away! So I woke the kids up and we took him to Mt Gilead. Poor thing has a kidney stone! Not a large one, they said it was passing through fine and would probably be gone within 24 hours (we haven't seen it yet though).
  • So, LOVELY beginning to the day! We got him home (thankfully doped up on pain meds so he could sleep at last) and got ready to go back to Mt Gilead for Liam's ball game. Liam had a great game and his team won 7-0. We headed home to check on Jon and prepare for Sam's game ( in Mt Gilead, can you believe that????),
  • I fed the kids lunch and caught a 20 minute nap on the couch. I was dithering around in my mind trying to figure out when I was going to have time (hopefully SOON) to fill Jon's prescriptions. Knowing his meds from the hospital would wear off eventually, I wanted to get it done asap.
  • God took care of that for me! Sam's coach texted me and the game was rain delayed! So, Mag's and Liam and I headed to Mt Vernon to fill the scrips. The most wonderful thing happened to me on the way. I hit EVERY SINGLE LIGHT on Coshocton Ave green!! Can you believe that? It's NEVER happened before! I was in awe! lol ~ so we got that done and were able to get Jon snuggled down on the couch before we headed BACK over to Mt Gilead.
  • We grabbed some Subway for supper and progressed to the "warm up" field for batting practice. The boys did all their warm ups at a different set of fields because Sam's coach decided to engage in a little psycological warfare. He wanted the opposing team to stew and wonder if our boys were showing up or not an when they DID show up he wanted them READY to play!! Which I found amusing...anyhoo... Sam's team won their game 13-6. So, they move on to round 2 today and wouldn't you know it!!!!!!!!!!! They have to play Marengo Blue!!!!!!!! The very selfsame team that beat the SNOT out of them a couple weeks ago. The same team that wrote nasty stuff about our boys in their dugout...the same team they have played 4 times this year (though only one was a "schedule" game) and have yet to beat even once!! Our boys have a mental block when it comes to this ONE team and I'm not really sure WHY?? They are not any better, but I think our boys think they are!? So, while I refuse to ask anyone to pray that we win, that would be inappropriate and a petty thing to bug God with (given the state of our world today!!), I WILL ask for prayers that our boys believe in themselves today!!
  • By the time we got home last night, around 8:45pm I was WIPED OUT!! By 10pm I had everything done that needed to be done. No matter how tired I am I cannot go to bed without everything in it's place (lol)! I got the laundry put in, I'm sure you all understand the laundry issue during tournaments (at least one load has to be done daily)! I FELL into bed and slept until 8am this morning ~ the sleep of the dead no less!! Today I am well rested, Jon is feeling much better, still in some pain, but not in cold sweats or ready to puke! The kids are still sleeping and we are all recovering from our rough 24 hours!
  • I will be sure to let you know how Sam's game goes today! I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hon for taking great care of me and the kids as well as the house. You are truly a blessing and are just awesome. I love you, more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Jon having stones, (must be a strategic thing). The kids are having a great season this year, we are very proud of them! Tell Sam to imagine the other team in their underwear, maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete