Friday, January 8

Careful What You Wish For

Well, I am on an emotional roller coaster as of right now. Jon has 2 jobs possibly on the table right now. Isn't that awesome? Just what we've been praying for since May huh? Well, not quite. One of them is a 6 month job in Charlotte, NC and the other is in Buffalo, NY. You've heard of backhanded compliments? I'm thinkin' this situation would be a "backhanded blessing". Either way, the pay would be more than he made at Chase. And we have to think about the bills, ya know? Or this one would be an easy NO from Jon. He's somewhat attached, in case you didn't know. I am not, not so much. One of the things I'm wondering is if he does this thing, will he grow more independant? Will I grow more dependant? How will it change the dynamics of our relationship? Or will it change them at all?
I also have to wonder, is it God's will for him to be away from his family? Is that why he gave him 8 months at home with us? Is it in God's plan for us to move away from here? I love it here. My kids love it here. My biggest concern is that these jobs are temporary. No future. So, in 6 months we're in the same situation we're in now. And if a future does develop? I suppose without too much heartache I would be willing to transplant my family to NC...after all, most of my family is already there! But Buffalo??? Aye aye aye. That's a much more difficult decision. And my poor kids are adamantly opposed to moving at all! This place is all they've ever known and they are happy here.
I don't know how it will affect Jon being that far away all the time ~ for that matter I don't know how it will affect ME! I know I can handle it. I have several friends who's husbands work in other states/places. If they can do it, so can I. But, I must admit, basketball and baseball seasons suddenly look very daunting! And how in the world will I sleep? We may have to get that German Shepard pronto. Maybe I could just borrow Jeb for 6 months.  He would keep us safe!

Whew, I feel a little better just spewing...pray for us please. We need God's will to be very clear for us in this instance! Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jon on the job offers. Praying for God's will to be done. And praying for you all, as I know this won't be an easy decision. (((HUGS))) call me if you need to spew some more!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl Ann, you can do anything for 6months! Think of how fast 9 months went each time you had a child. You are both strong enough to handle anything the Lord sends your way. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for the both of you. My two cents is that Charlotte, NC cannot be a coincidence. God opens the door, but you have to walk through. You, Jon, the kids and I all have to realize that it is not up to you and what you are happy doing may not be what makes God happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Jon has already thought of this, but New York state is always in the top 10 on taxes per capita. Just something to consider.

    Usually, opportunity is not recognized when it knocks :-)

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete