Thursday, January 21

Good Comfort Grub

We are slowly settling into a routine here without our rock. I say slowly because time seems to crawl with Jon gone. The last 3 days are the longest 3 days I can remember in ages.

I’m getting everything done ok…but I am kinda in a funk. Like I’m just going thru the motions. Constantly praying for patience ;). Which is being answered…because I haven’t so much as yelled at the kids yet! I know, amazing, huh? That is partially due to the fact that they are all still eager to be helpful. I’m enjoying this phenom while it lasts…I don’t imagine it will last long!

The webcams have been a HUGE blessing!! Jon talks to the kids every morning while they eat their breakfast and every evening before they go to bed. The drawback to the webcams: Jon knows I have only done my hair one day since he left. It’s just more effort than I can convince myself to make to get dolled up for a teleconference! Hardly conducive to making him miss me!

I’m sharing a link to a recipe today:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/soups/chicken-and-dumplings-2/?nr

I made these Chicken and Dumplings for supper tonight and a miracle occured. ALL THREE KIDS LIKED IT!! Not a single one complained or bulked. No one left the table hungry refusing to eat what I’d prepared. In our house, that is an unparalleled success!!!

I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Miss Thing :)

    And for goodness sake DO YOUR HAIR for the webcam, you know Jon loves you for your hair...HAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Call me....you know I am just sitting here doing.....NOTHING!!! DONT YOU DARE go getting depressed....I love you and Jon and your kids!!! You all are very strong!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see some pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, put those big girl panties on and wash your hair. Jon is doing well, he is working a lot of hours and misses you all every minute. Take advantage of your friends offers.................Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got you some Snuggle at Sam's the other day...I'll drop it by one day this week...MIL is here until Tuesday. Please, know you are welcome to stop by ANYTIME!! I'm just around the corner!! And I know how to make coffee, even though I don't drink it!! Love you all, and you'll get through this!! Remember: If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete