Tuesday, January 26

PURGE!!!

I have decided purging is an acquired skill. Like golfing, or writing… you must practice. Preferably repeatedly. I am a master “purger”. After careful thought, I’ve concluded that my ability to throw things away comes from having moved 237 times in my short life. Well, ok, possibly not 237 but a lot!! And we are NOT going to even get into the "my short life" aspect. It's kinda short. Maybe.  A little...Moving on!
The Evidence: Born: Illinois moved to Columbus (apt), from apt to house, still Columbus. Columbus to Gastonia, Gastonia to Lincolnton, Lincolnton to Westerville (to house, to apartment to house again). Then comes marriage, move from Westerville to Urbana.
Aside: Eww, don’t ever move to Urbana. Urbana has absolutely nothing going for it. I mean no offense to anyone who may actually live and love there. But, I gotta tell ya, Urbana did NOTHING for me.
From Urbana (thank GOD) to Cardington. Granted, I did not have to do the actual packing for several of those moves. But, trust me, I did enough of the packing to be real darn good at it.
The Conclusion: I swore that when I moved into this house I would NEVER move again. Enough is enough. How many times can one person box up their life and shift it??
I guess, potentially once more…so, I find myself going room to room. Cupboard to cupboard. Holding items up thinking : “Would you move it??” And then inevitably throwing it in a box for the Salvation Army. When it comes to moving, I am a minimalist. The Salvation Army is going to make out big in this situation, whether we actually end up moving or not. Because my “purge”/nesting instinct is now in full effect. And I just have to ask you…
kitchen jan 2010 004
Why have I been keeping this for 7 years??? I thought it was so that if I ever needed a chip basket on Easter it would be perfect!! Nevermind that we are always out of town on Easter. It’s a specialty item, right? What if I need it and don’t have it?
GONE!!
And this…
kitchen jan 2010 007
is just a shame. Half of it is gone now too.
And WHY????
kitchen jan 2010 010
did I have so many little medicine cups??? You would think they are worth their weight in gold the way I have clung to them. Hoarding them in every drawer in the kitchen. But, no more…I got rid of all but two of them.
I figure in the end, if nothing else is accomplished and we don’t move…
kitchen jan 2010 008
My home will be pristine and completely clear of clutter! And that is a good thing!
I love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. I have tons of those lil med cups too.....and I guess Im not sure why?! Austin takes a pill if he needs meds, and then there are only 2 who need the cups....so why 10 cups....ah geeeez thanks now I'm off to purge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Hon. If we don't move, we get to start keeping things all over again. Just joking. I look forward to making new memories regardless of where the Lord puts us. As long as I am with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a drawer that contains all our little medi cups as well!! I think we have about 6 total...maybe 8. Anyway, believe me, you'll be purging at my house again, soon enough!! =) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete