Saturday, January 23

Home is Where The Heart Is

You will never guess what I’ve been up to this week. I won’t string you along. I’ll spill it…I’m virtual house hunting. Jon has been hunting down permanent job leads in both Columbus and Charlotte…there’s one big problem. There aren’t any jobs in Columbus. Nada. Nuffing. He has a couple possibilities already in Charlotte. Apparently, the job market is stronger there. So, I am in a very interesting position. You see, if I’m completely forthcoming…I would LOVE to live near Charlotte. After all, my family is there. And it’s warmer there. And occasionally in the winter, the sun makes an appearance there. What is not to love about that??

Well…Jon’s family is NOT there. Despite all the in-law cliches, I love my in-laws. They are awesome!! And of course there’s Mason. Mason, however is a teenager now and comes to spend the weekend with us roughly quarterly. We could fly him down as often as he wants to see us. All our friends, DEAR FRIENDS, beloved friends, are NOT there. We have put a lot of intentional effort into rooting ourselves in this wonderful, tight knit community. THAT is what is NOT to love.

So, in the back of my mind…I’ve always fantasized about living in North Carolina again. Daydreamed about sunny 70 degree days in February. It seemed to be just that. A fantasy. I never seriously considered moving. Moving the kids away from their friends and school. Moving all of my SCHTUFF in boxes. And boxes. And boxes.

And boxes. Did I mention I’ve moved quite a few times in my life? And that i HATE MOVING!?!?!?! And boxes.

So, in the true spirit of His contrary, omniscient nature…God has landed us here. In this place where I feel that I need to start browsing the internet for a new home. Close to Charlotte.

In a way, I’m exited. Unfortunately, at the same time I’m terribly anxious. And apprehensive. And relieved. Relieved because one of the reasons I never considered moving…I didn’t want everyone to blame me for it. I always knew if we moved to NC (or SC as we are now considering) it would be solely because I wanted to live there. So I never asked…not seriously. I didn’t want my WANT to be the ONLY reason we uprooted our family. It’s too much to ask and I know that. Now, if we do ultimately move south…it will be because that is where Jon could find a job. I can be happy and excited because it’s not me, selfishly asking my family to give up their lives so I can live in the sun, near my daddy and my mommy ;). It’s what we need to do, not what we want to do.

In light of all that…I found THE house. The perfect house. Location ~ awesome, house ~ awesome, proximity to Charlotte ~ awesome. And it only needs minimal work to be everything I want in a home ~ namely red paint in the kitchen.

This is the house:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/545-Canopy_Clover_SC_29710_1115275984

Please pray with me that if this is God’s will for us everything goes smoothly. And we KNOW that it’s God’s will for us. And that this house will still be for sale! ;)

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. praying for God's will on this one!! However, the house is beautiful, with lots and lots of potential!! I have mixed feelings, but not wanting to be selfish here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they have a Scottish festival called "Feis Clobhair" there every year in June. :)

    ReplyDelete